search instagram arrow-down


Enter your email address to follow & stay up-to-date for new posts.

Join 241 other subscribers

Pre-Med School Journey: Setback

This morning I got my results back for exam #2: not good. Not good at all. And it feels so disappointing because I truly thought I did at least okay; maybe in the 80’s. And so now I have a decision to make: keep going or hang up my cleats and walk off into the sunset finally. Deadline to withdraw is next Friday, and as we discussed I don’t think I have it in me to go the re-taking path. Most of my grades required to get in are in the B’s, whereas the people I’ll be competing with have mostly A’s and impeccable resumes. Financially, I maybe could afford it. But I also don’t want to throw money at school for the rest of my life on classes I shouldn’t have to re-take. One classmate is going to re-try in the summer, but scheduling-wise it conflicts with work. There’s one more exam, and then a makeup exam for an exam I did bad on, and then the final. So there is a chance, but if I did okay on exam one and terrible on exam two. . . Is it worth it? I have a week to decide what will happen next, and in the meantime today is another long day; perhaps the last.

Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: